Tuesday 3 April 2012

MAC FIX+ - to spray or not to spray?

Max Fix+ - Mac Cosmetics (store/online) - £12.50

Described as 'An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energising scent of Sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up!'

But do you really need need to spend £12.50 on this product? Is it really worth the price tag?





After wanting this product for so long - i finally got it for my birthday! I essentially wanted this product to use with pigments, and make eyeshadows more pigmented. And you can definitely use it in those ways and as i found out..  in more ways too. 

The main way i now use fix+ is when applying my foundation. I spray it onto my Sigma F80 (flat top kabuki) - or any foundation brush i am using - then use that to blend my foundation is seamlessly! I find this vital in my everyday makeup routine - i do it every single day without a doubt - i just find it makes my foundation blend and 'sit' on my face much more smoothly, evenly and gives more of a dewy finish!  Without a spritz or two of this my foundation does not blend anywhere near as seamlessly! I also find it helps 'cakier', heavier coverage foundations look a lot lighter.

So yes you can use this is many different ways; You can mix it with pigments to make an eyeliner and spray onto an eyeshadow brush to help less pigmented eyeshadows stand out. It is refreshing to spray on your face in the warmer months and definitely wakes you up in the morning. You can use it on your foundation brush (as i do) or use it on a cotton pad to get excess makeup off! Another way to use it is, as it says, to finish your makeup - this is a saviour for oily-skinned ladies like me - it means you can cover your face in powder as a spray of this gets rid of the powdery, cakey look and leaves you looking natural!

All in all there are many ways to use fix+, but i'm not sure it is worth the price tag - it's just the same as using water or a spray toner - but i think i may find myself re-purchasing this, i don't know why, i do just really like this product and sometimes wonder how i would do my makeup without it. If you're on a budget though, try one of Lush's spray toners - it can be used in all the same ways as fix+ and is all natural and good for your skin!

What do you think of fix+? Is it worth the money?




8 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a review of this product, so thanks :)
    I think I'll try the lush sprays first! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should, i find they do the same job and they have a few different ones to suit your skin type! <3

      Delete
  2. Great review hun. I really love Fix + I use it for my foundation.
    Now following hun.
    My Blog:
    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun! it's great for that isn't it! <3

      Delete
  3. I really wanted to try this, I was gonna restock on all my MAC bits but like you I didn't know if it was worth the money and still not really understanding what the whole point of it is because there are so many different ways that people use it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by the way, only just found you! And love what you've done with the place :) x

      Delete
    2. i know what you mean ahaaa, so many people don't understand the point! i just love it for foundation application :) aw thankyou hun <3

      Delete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk