Monday 19 March 2012

OPI - Nicki Minaj - Super Bass Shatter!

I'll start off by explaining why the nail polish on these pictures is soooo chipped. 
I painted my nails one night planning to take the pictures in the daylight the next morning. I awoke in the morning to find it all chipped and as the day went on more and more came off. Not exactly what i expected from an OPI nail varnish retailing at £10.50!! My first impressions = not so good. 


I painted all my nails with a base coat, then applied two coats of Nicki Minaj Super Bass shatter all over my nails (except the ring fingers). On the ring fingers i applied Nicki Minaj Did it on em' (two coats) with a coat of Super Bass chatter over. Then set them all with a layer of topcoat.


So the point of this post? A kinda review and to show the colours in case any of you are considering

Colour: A lovely berry purple that in the light shines different pink and purple tones and also has a slight shimmer. 
Consistency: My first encounter with OPI nail polishes and i find them to be extremely thin and watery, really you need three thin layers to create a full, opaque coverage or two thicker layers i guess are fine if your in a rush or can't be bothered. 
Length of wear: Overnight whilst i was sleeping chips seemed to have occurred - i don't know how! And after a few hours of me being up they looked as they do on the pictures. The 'proper' nail varnish (Did it on em') did last a bit longer than the shatter but still, they didn't last very long at all which is quite disappointing considering the price, as i own £1 nail varnishes that last longer!

So overall, i'm going to keep trying these polishes out see if my opinion changes. But so far, i have to say i am disappointed with my first encounter with OPI nail varnishes! 

I bought the Nicki Minaj mini set from ASOS for £18 - you get four mini's (Did it on em', Metallic 4 life, Fly, Pink Friday) and a full sized shatter (Super Bass).

What do you think? Is there too much 'hype' around these varnishes? And what do you think of the colours? 



4 comments:

  1. Great post, you have really lovely blog!:-)
    Would you like to follow each other? M.

    My blog in english:
    http://illusoireblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thankyou hunny and yes i will follow you when i've had chance to have a look at your blog <3

      Delete
  2. That is terrible. I always do my nails in the evening and they are in perfect condition in the morning. I would expect long wear form OPI. You must be very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly - such a shame, it was very dissapointing! going to keep trying these out..
      <3

      Delete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk